Sunday 7 October 2012

Series Spotlight: The Mortal Instruments #5

12964324

Title: City of Lost Souls

Author: Cassandra Clare

Publisher: UK - Walker Books US - McElderry Books

Publication date: UK - 08 May 2012| US - May 2012

Format: Paperback - 560  pages

Genre: YA - Urban Fantasy

 

 

Jace is now a servant of evil, bound for all eternity to Sebastian. Only a small band of Shadowhunters believe he can be saved. To do this they must defy the Clave. And they must act without Clary. For Clary is playing a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace's soul. Clary is willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost? What price is too high to pay, even for love?



My thoughts:


You should know that this review is probably going to be all over the place with how amazing this book is. Especially since I have come to realise I have to wait such a long time for the next one to come out.

 

City of Lost Souls was definitely the most intense book out of the series so far in my opinion. It was so hard to put it down and I always felt I wasn't turning the page fast enough. It was full to the brim with so much suspense that every time something happened my heart would race that little bit more. It was just all round a really exciting book and I haven't experienced a read like that in a really long time. 

 

There was more of every character in this one and each one had a little part to play in the plot. They have definitely got to be my favourite set of characters from any books I've read. Each one is really well-rounded and developed - they each have their own story and unique personality. There isn't one that I hate for being an awful character because they're all so brilliantly written.

 

I also really appreciate how great of a writer Cassandra Clare is. She has such a great level of description in all of the books that really made me feel like this world exists. I can imagine every magical place and cities in my mind as I read which is what a book should be able to do. 

 

The plot was just nail biting to me. It focuses more on Jace with his family and friends trying to save his soul. Because I loved Jace so much from the first four books in the series I seriously found the plot really enthralling with all of its suspense and intensity. There really isn't anything bad to say about it.

 

All in all I absolutely adore this book and I'm probably going to read it another 10 times before the next one comes out. Plus, have you seen this cover? It's so gorgeous!

 

My rating: 10/10

 

Cassandra Clare:

 

Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter

 

 

 

Books in the series:

 

  1. City of Bones
  2. City of Ashes
  3. City of Glass
  4. City of Fallen Angels
  5. City of Lost Souls
  6. City of Heavenly Fire 

 

 

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

1 comment:

Dalia said...

Sadly I've been waiting since August for my copy... why Amazon insists on making me wait is beyond me.. love how thorough your insight on books is!

mercurialvisions.blogspot.com