Friday 5 October 2012

Feature and Follow #3

Hi guys!

 

Welcome to Feature and Follow Friday. Join in the with feature and follow blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Make sure to check out their blogs by using the links or by clicking on the #FF image.

 

This week the question is:

What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? Is it to one day become an author yourself, just for fun, maybe get some online attention, or maybe something very different?


This is an easy one for me. I definitely do not blog to become an author, I hate writing it drives me crazy which is all the more reason to appreciate the amazing authors that are out there.

 

I love blogging mostly because it gives me a voice. It is really fun to do most of the time since I get to do what I love and share it with as many people as possible.

 

I've mentioned this before but my friends hate everything to do with books. Just today I suggested we go into Waterstones when I was in the city centre and everybody literally groaned simultaneously - le sigh.

 

All I want to accomplish whilst blogging is just to try and spread the word to as many people about the great books that are out there. I love the feeling when someone comments saying they picked up a book based on my recommendation and loved it. It makes me feel great since I can't do that with my close friends - well I could but they won't read a page of it...

 

Don't forget to check out my latest series spotlight! I'm reviewing The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare which was absolutely amazing:

  1. City of Bones
  2. City of Ashes
  3. City of Glass
  4. City of Fallen Angels

3 comments:

Kelley @ thebookdorks said...

That's one of my reasons too - it's rough when people you know in real life don't care about what you're reading!

My FF

Lisa Mandina said...

For awhile I didn't have really any friends who read at the same pace I did either. My one friend who did blogged, and she got me turned on to this. I now have another friend who really reads a lot, but I have met so many awesome people through blogging! New follower.
My FF

The Scarf Princess said...

My group of friends don't read either so blogging is a great way to interact with like minded people. I'm a new follower via GFC and would love for you to visit me whenever you get a chance.

The Scarf Princess