Friday 26 October 2012

Feature and Follow #5

Hi guys!

 

Welcome to Feature and Follow Friday. Join in the with feature and follow blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Make sure to check out their blogs by using the links or by clicking on the #FF image.

 

This week the question is:

What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book? For example, if an author employs an omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered bad form.

 

What most irritates me is definitely the whole soulmate aspect you can find in a lot of books nowadays. I understand if two characters meet each other and experience great chemistry or attraction but to come out the next day and declare your love and that you want to spend the rest of your life with them? It doesn't happen in real life so I would prefer not to read it in books. I prefer characters in relationships to have problems just like the rest of us...

 

6 comments:

The Readdicts said...

Oh yes! The concept of soul mates is really very wonderful and I like to believe in it, but there has to be a strong support to prove that as well...

New follower here! :)

My Feature & Follow Friday

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Unknown said...

I agree with the perfect, instant attraction. It's not real and it can really let down a book. I much prefer books to have real love in them even if they're fantastical because even in books we're still just human.

New GFC follower. :)

Myra @ Pieces of Whimsy

Lyra said...

I don't get the whole soulmates thing either. There are some who make good use of that subplot though!

New follower here! :) My FF

Unknown said...

Yup, looks like we have the same view on insta-love, great answer!

New follower

My FF

Unknown said...

I agree that relationships in books would be a lot better if they were more real. Insta-love is the worst!

http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-and-follow-3.html

New Follower GFC!

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

Right there with ya on this one!! :)