Saturday 11 January 2014

Review: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

6468666

Title: The Reckoning 

Author: Kelley Armstrong

Series: Darkest Powers #3

Publisher: Orbit

Publication date: 03 Mar 2011

Format: Paperback | 400 pages

Genre: YA | Urban Fantasy 

Goodreads



Chloe Saunders is fifteen and would love to be normal. Unfortunately, Chloe happens to be a genetically engineered necromancer who can raise the dead without even trying. She and her equally gifted (or should that be 'cursed'?) friends are now running for their lives from the evil corporation that created them.


As if that's not enough, Chloe is struggling with her feelings for Simon, a sweet-tempered sorcerer, and his brother Derek, a not so sweet-tempered werewolf. And she has a horrible feeling she's leaning towards the werewolf…


Definitely not normal.


My thoughts:


This is my favourite book out of the trilogy for more reasons than one. For a start, I have to say Derek is probably one of my favourite characters of all time. I love how original and refreshing he is. He fits Chloe perfectly and above all, he is one of the most realistic love interests in a paranormal read I've come across. He's dreamy in his own way, but not in the 'faultless, sexy and beyond handsome' sense. He has his own problems and I really loved that about him. 


I loved the conclusion to the trilogy. Everything came together perfectly. All of my questions were answered, I was definitely surprised by some of the answers too - it all led to a really intense read that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.


The characters all came into their own in this book, especially Tori. I loved how she overcame her past problems and, as a result, became a little more integrated into the group.


If you haven't read this series, I strongly urge you to - you won't be disappointed. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book by Kelley Armstrong.


My rating: 10/10


 

Kelley Armstrong:

 

Goodreads | Website | Twitter | Facebook

 

 

 

Darkest Powers:

 

  1. The Summoning
  2. The Awakening
  3. The Reckoning


No comments: