Wednesday 29 January 2014

Review: Maximum Security by Robert Muchamore

1303564

Title: Maximum Security

Author: Robert Muchamore

Series: Cherub #3

Publisher: Hodder

Publication date: April 14th 2006

Format: Paperback | 277 pages

Genre: YA 

Goodreads



Over the years, CHERUB has put plenty of criminals behind bars. Now, for the first time ever, they've got to break one out…


Under American law, kids convicted of serious crimes can be sentenced as adults. Two hundred and eighty of these child criminals live in the sunbaked desert prison of Arizona Max.


In one of the most daring CHERUB missions ever, James Adams has to go undercover inside Arizona Max, befriend an inmate and then bust him out.



My thoughts:


I'm starting to really love how in your face these books really are. This book was pretty much nonstop action - it was incredibly exciting, intense and engaging. For a book that is mostly plot driven, I seriously couldn't put it down.


What I love about this author is that he makes his writing somewhat realistic. I know there are no kid spies, but in this story, the CHERUB kids still behave like children. It puts it all back into perspective when they mess up purely because of their age and I like that. 


The only problem I had was that I have a feeling James is going to become a character that's really hard to like. So far I love his character, but there are hints of him becoming a little too arrogant. As for the rest of the characters I love them. There wasn't a lot of mention of all of them which was a little disappointing, but there was a lot of focus on Lauren this time. Lauren is on her way to become my favourite character in the CHERUB series.


Overall I really loved this book and this series is becoming a must read for me. I can't get through them fast enough - for all the right reasons of course.


My rating: 8/10


 

Robert Muchamore:

 

Goodreads | Website | Twitter | Facebook

 


 

Cherub:

 

  1. The Recruit
  2. Class A
  3. Maximum Security
  4. The Killing
  5. Divine Madness
  6. Man vs. Beast
  7. The Fall
  8. Mad Dogs
  9. The Sleepwalker
  10. Dark Sun
  11. The General
  12. Brigands M.C
  13. Shadow Wave


No comments: