Monday 31 December 2012

2013 Reading Challenges

Happy new year everyone! 

 

I love the fresh start of the new year so I thought I'd do a blog post on all the challenges I want to take part in this year.

 

Last year was pretty rubbish in terms of challenges for me. So instead of focusing on that, here's what I'm hoping to complete in 2013!

 

Outdo Yourself

This challenge is basically to read more books than you did in 2012. Initially I wanted to read 100 books, but I did surpass that with 114, even with a huge reading slump in the middle of the year.

I hope I'll be able to do the 'Out of Breath' level by reading about 10 more books (124 hopefully).

If you'd like to sign up to this challenge, you can click on the image above and it will take you straight to the sign up page.

 

 

100books

 

This one is pretty self-explanatory. I've been signing up to this one since I began blogging so I wanted to sign up this year too. All you have to do is read 100 books in a year.

If you want to sign up to this one, click on the image and it will take you straight to the sign up page.

 

 

This is one that I usually have a big problem with, hence why I'm signing up for it. I get distracted by so many new books that I forget about sequels coming out to books that I really enjoyed.

So, this year I want to read as many sequels as I possibly can. 

If you'd like to sign up for this one, click on the image and it will take you straight to the sign up page. 

 

 

Parachallbutton

 

This is definitely my most-read genre so I wanted to find a good challenge including it. This one challenges you to include a whole list of paranormal creatures, not just vampires and werewolves, but mermaids, dragons and aliens to name just a few.

If you want to check it out, just click on the image above.

 

 

WIN6

 

I picked this challenge because it's really creative. The categories include 'something you'd find in your kitchen' in the title like 'The Knife of Never Letting Go'. It sounds like such great fun.

To check out the rest of the categories (there are 6), click the image above and it will take you to the sign up page. 

 

 

2013EbookChallenge

 

I've found that I hadn't read no way near enough ebooks off of my to be read list last year. Hopefully this challenge will help me read a few more.

I'm going to lower my expectations this year a little and try to complete the CD level and read 10 ebooks.

Click the image above to go to the sign up page.

 

 

NAC 2013a

 

This one is also pretty self explanatory - I love finding new authors.

For this one I'm going to go for 25 new authors and see how it goes. Make sure to check this challenge out - just click on the image. 

 

2013bbrc

 

I love getting book recommendations from people so this challenge is perfect. 

I'm going to try for Level 1 this year - 5 books from the blogger recommendation list. I think I'll be able to read more than that though.

2013 TBR Reading Challenge Button

 

Seriously, my TBR pile is getting out of hand and with so many brilliant books still coming out every year, I need to focus a little more on the ones I already have.

For this challenge, I'm going for the 'A Friendly Hug' level by trying to read 11-20 books that I already own.

 

2 comments:

Alexia561 said...

Good luck with all of your challenges! I signed up for the eBooks and What's In A Name challenges, and have a personal goal of reading 100 books this year. We can do it! :)

Alexia's Books and Such...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating! Good luck reaching your reading goals :)