Friday 28 September 2012

Series Spotlight: The Mortal Instruments #3

5607787

Title: City of Glass

Author: Cassandra Clare

Publisher: UK - Walker Books | US - McElderry Books

Publication date: UK - 22 June 2009 | US - August 2010

Format: Paperback - 512 pages

Genre: YA - Urban Fantasy

 

 

Amid the chaos of war, the Shadowhunters must decide to fight with the vampires, werewolves and other Downworlders - or against them. Meanwhile, Jace and Clary have their own decision to make: should they pursue the love they know is forbidden?



My thoughts:


It's getting harder and harder for me to even try to convey how brilliant these books are becoming to read. 

 

The most amazing thing to me is how Cassandra Clare managed to top the first two books in the series. To be honest after the first two I would have been incredibly happy if City of Glass was just as good but it was so much better. 

 

For one the plot was absolutely flawless. There was so much to it that all came together in the end in the most perfect and heart wrenching way. It's only after finishing the book that I've begun to think about how much imagination and thought has gone in to this plot with all it's brilliant timing and precision. There was not a single moment in the book where I wasn't turning pages as fast as I could to find out what would happen next and when I would find the answers to all the questions that had been roaming around in my mind since the first book. 

 

The characters were just as great ever. I enjoyed the fact that they seemed to have grown substantially by the end of this book and yet they still didn't differ to much from the characters they started out as in City of Bones. Plus there's an entirely new character introduced in this book that I can guarantee nobody would expect. 

 

Of course it didn't hurt that the writing was just as great ever. I've already promised myself that I'm going to read every single one of Cassandra Clare's books. Her writing is just too good to miss out on reading. 

 

All in all, I loved this book even more than the first two of the series - not that I thought that was possible before reading it. I can't possibly imagine what will happen in the next books to come. 

 

My rating: 10/10

 

Cassandra Clare:

Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter

 

Books in the series:

  1. City of Bones
  2. City of Ashes
  3. City of Glass
  4. City of Fallen Angels
  5. City of Lost Souls
  6. City of Heavenly Fire 
 

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare 

No comments: