Saturday 21 May 2011

On My Wishlist #24

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I want but haven't haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.


Welcome to Elsewhere. It is warm, with a breeze, and the beaches are marvellous. It’s quiet and peaceful. You can’t get sick or any older. Curious to see new paintings by Picasso? Swing by one of Elsewhere’s museums. Need to talk to someone about your problems? Stop by Marilyn Monroe’s psychiatric practice.
Elsewhere is where fifteen-year-old Liz Hall ends up, after she has died. It is a place so like Earth, yet completely different. Here Liz will age backward from the day of her death until she becomes a baby again and returns to Earth. But Liz wants to turn sixteen, not fourteen again. She wants to get her driver’s license. She wants to graduate from high school and go to college. And now that she’s dead, Liz is being forced to live a life she doesn’t want with a grandmother she has only just met. And it is not going well. How can Liz let go of the only life she has ever known and embrace a new one? Is it possible that a life lived in reverse is no different from a life lived forward?
This moving, often funny book about grief, death, and loss will stay with the reader long after the last page is turned.


A wildly funny sequel to the bestselling Girl, 15: Charming But Insane

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Lenzi hears voices. She also sees visions--gravestones, floods, a gorgeous guy with steel grey eyes. She knows she must be going crazy, just like her dad did. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't do anything to help, and the voices just keep getting louder, the visions more intense. But when Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, everything makes sense.
Sort of.
He tells Lenzi that she's a reincarnated Speaker--someone who can talk to lost souls and help them move on--and that he has been her Protector for centuries. But instead of embracing her abilities, Lenzi struggles between her life as the girlfriend of a sexy musician and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. Yet time is running out; a malevolent spirit has been trying to destroy Lenzi for ages, and he will surely kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.
Her choices are clear: Destiny or normalcy. Alden or Zak. Life or death.


 

When 17-year-old Jamie arrives on the idyllic New England island of Little Bly to work as a summer au pair, she is stunned to learn of the horror that precedes her. Seeking the truth surrounding a young couple's tragic deaths, Jamie discovers that she herself looks shockingly like the dead girl—and that she has a disturbing ability to sense the two ghosts. Why is Jamie's connection to the couple so intense? What really happened last summer at Little Bly? As the secrets of the house wrap tighter and tighter around her, Jamie must navigate the increasingly blurred divide between the worlds of the living and the dead.


And that is it for on my wishlist this week!

Happy reading!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting choices! Shattered Souls and Tighter would have on my wishlist too.

Dea
Teen Readers' Diary

Ellie said...

Elsewhere was the first book choice for my in person book group and I really quite enjoyed it. I hadn't read much YA before then.

samantha.1020 said...

I have Tighter on my wishlist as well. I love creepy books and am looking forward to reading it. I love the cover to Shattered Souls and am adding it to my wishlist!

Grace Fonseca said...

Love the color scheme of your blog. Shattered Souls looks interesting. New Follower. Come visit me.

Kristyn said...

Don't you just love the cover for Shattered Suols? I can't help but adore it. Book covers are getting better and better.

I'm a new follower! Here's my Wishlist: http://aturnofpage.blogspot.com/2011/05/on-my-wishlist-no-3.html. Have a nice Saturday!

Pamela said...

Shattered Souls is on my list, too. I can't wait to read it. The other books I haven't heard of before, but they sound interesting!

Feel free to check out what's on my wishlist this week.