Thursday 20 August 2015

Review: Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong

7811283

Title: Frostbitten

Author: Kelley Arsmtrong

Series: Women of the Otherworld #10

Publisher: Orbit

Publication date: 06 May 2010

Format: Paperback | 416 pages

Genre: Urban Fantasy 

Goodreads



After years of struggle. Elena Michaels has finally accepted her life as a werewolf, and learned how to control her wild side.


At least, that's what she believes when she sets off to investigate a series of gruesome murders outside Anchorage. The truth, however, is more complicated. Trapped in a frozen, unforgiving terrain, Elena is forced to confront a deadly secret, and her own, untamed nature…



My thoughts:


A routine mission for the Pack soon throws Elena Michaels in the deep end as she travels to Anchorage, Alaska to apprehend the mutt responsible for multiple killings. Alaska soon turns out to be more than it seems when strange lights appear in the forest and talk of strange beast sightings has the resident werewolves talking. 


After reading 10 books in this series I have to say, Elena is by far my favourite character. I love her relationship with Clay, the rest of her Pack and the other 'women of the otherworld'.  I love her flaws and insecurities and how she hides them from most but is completely honest with her mate. She is what most readers love in a heroine - especially in urban fantasy. She's strong, knows how to kick butts and she's loyal. She is what made me fall in love with this series.


Because I was a little iffy on the last two books in the series, I was seriously excited when I saw the next book featured Elena. It really didn't disappoint me and it brought back to light all the reasons I love this series.


The plot made evident Kelley Armstrong's strengths in writing. The suspense and action had me reading this book only in two sittings - I only put it down to eat and then got right back to it! I loved how this book features something new in the supernatural community and how the world of werewolves and all things that go bump in the night is steadily getting bigger and bigger. 


All in all this was essentially a reminder of why I started reading this series. I loved it. There was a brilliant plot, amazing characters and action that has you biting your nails in anticipation. 


My rating: 10/10


 

Kelley Armstrong:

 

Goodreads | Website | Twitter | Facebook

 

 

 

Women of the Otherworld:

 

  1. Bitten
  2. Stolen
  3. Dime Store Magic
  4. Industrial Magic
  5. Haunted
  6. Broken
  7. No Humans Involved
  8. Personal Demon
  9. Living with the Dead
  10. Frostbitten
  11. Waking the Witch
  12. Spell Bound
  13. Thirteen


No comments: