Wednesday 19 February 2014

Review: The Sleepwalker by Robert Muchamore



Title: The Sleepwalker
Author: Robert Muchamore
Series: Cherub #9
Publisher: Hodder
Publication date: February 7th 2008 
Format: Paperback | 312 Pages
Genre: YA



345 people are dead...

An airliner has exploded over the Atlantic leaving 345 people dead. Crash investigators suspect terrorism, but they're getting nowhere.A distressed twelve year old calls a police hotline and blames his father for the explosion. It could be a breakthrough, but there's no hard evidence and the boy has a history of violence and emotional problems.


My thoughts:

The reviews of the Cherub books are starting to be a little bit of a challenge for me just because I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find something different to say every time I read another book in the series.

I love pretty much everything about these books. Every single one so far has had brilliant characters that have made me laugh, bite my nails in worry and even had me turning down chocolate to find out what happens to them that much faster. Now that's a big deal for me.

I have to admit though, I didn't enjoy The Sleepwalker as much as the previous books in the series for a few reasons. Mostly, I missed James terribly. For me, he's the main man of the series so far and so I've come to look forward to him appearing in the stories and causing chaos. James wasn't as involved in this book as he was in others and I found that to be a little disappointing. 

James' sister, Lauren, is the main character in this book and while I love Lauren's character, I found the plot let her down a little bit. I adore the missions that take place in this series as well as all the mayhem that goes on within Campus grounds, but I thought that the mission this time wasn't big enough or important enough to interest me. It wasn't bad, it just didn't live up to my expectations - I couldn't help but compare it to the big missions in the other books.

Overall this was still a great read. It had the action that makes these books so great, it had added romantic drama and hilarious antics to boot. 

My rating: 7/10



Robert Muchamore:




Cherub:

  1. The Recruit
  2. Class A
  3. Maximum Security
  4. The Killing
  5. Divine Madness
  6. Man vs. Beast
  7. The Fall
  8. Mad Dogs
  9. The Sleepwalker
  10. Dark Sun
  11. The General
  12. Brigands M.C
  13. Shadow Wave



No comments: