Monday 14 January 2013

Review: Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

15534541

Title: Finale

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Series: Hush, Hush #4

Publisher: Simon and Schuster

Publication date: October 2012

Format: Hardcover - 464 pages

Genre: YA - Paranormal

Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)

 

 

Nora is more certain than ever that she's in love with her fallen angel, Patch, despite her Nephilim heritage making them destined to be enemies. For her, there's no turning back on him. But now Nora and Patch must gather their strength to face one fast trial. Old enemies and new are ranged against them, standing between them and the peace they so desperately crave. The battle lines are drawn - but which sides are they on?



My thoughts:


I am a really big fan of this series - I love everything about it. The characters, the plot lines of every book in the series and the writing. As usual I was a little anxious that this one wouldn't live up to my expectations because of how amazing the first three books are. I needn't have worried though because I thought this was a fantastic read.


Everything I loved about the past books played a big part in this one too. Especially the characters. Patch and Nora were brilliant as always. I would have liked Patch to have been more involved in the first part of the book but it wasn't big deal - it was just because I love Patch so much. Scott and Vee play a bigger part in this book which really surprised me - especially Vee. I thought they both played their part really well and were incredibly well written. 


What I loved most about this book was that it stands out on its own and not just as part of a series. I'm not a big fan of series where each book depends on the other - books that when read by someone who didn't necessarily know that it's part of a series, they don't like them because they don't have enough substance by themselves. Finale was just that little bit different to the rest of the series that it gave it a lot of depth and made it a great book by itself and not just part of the Hush, Hush series. 


Nora was a big part of what made it different in my opinion. She changed a little for the worse for reasons I won't give away. She soon gets herself out of it thought which made her seem so much more independent and tougher than ever. It just shows how far the characters have come since the first book. 


I can honestly say I have nothing bad to say about this book. Or the series as a whole for that matter. I love, love, love it! It's definitely one that I'm going to read over and over. If you haven't read this series yet, please do check it out because you won't be disappointed.

 

My rating: 10/10

 

 

Becca Fitzpatrick:

Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Blog

 

Hush, Hush:

  1. Hush, Hush
  2. Crescendo
  3. Silence
  4. Finale

No comments: