Tuesday 13 December 2011

Teaser Tuesday #35

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can take part! All you have to do is:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us (2) teaser sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12 (but don't give any spoilers!)
  • Share the title of the book that the teaser is from...that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
You can find out more here!

My current read:We Can Be Heroes by Catherine Bruton

Random Page: #60

Teaser:

I can feel my bag of sweets getting hot and sticky in my pocket and my face doing the same.
'Anyone who volunteers that much clearly has a desperate need to be needed,' she says authoritatively, like it's something she's read in another of her mum's books.


3 comments:

Sandy Nachlinger said...

LOVE this teaser! The person with the sweets in his pocket is clearly NOT impressed with person who's speaking.
You'll find my Teaser here:
http://iousex.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-dec-13.html

Unknown said...

Ooh, sounds like a good one :)

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesdays_13.html

catherine bruton said...

OOH! What a fab idea! Even I'm trying to remember what happens next and I wrote it!
Thanks so much for reading the book and including it on your fab site! I'm always incredibly touched! Hope you are enjoying it - do let me know!