Wednesday 15 September 2010

The Dark Divine Review - Book #3 in SS Challenge


Summary:

True Love's First Kill

Daniel looked up at me. His dark eyes searched my face. There was something different about those too-familiar eyes. Maybe it was the way the orange light from the streetlamp illuminated his pupils. Maybe it was the way he stared without blinking. His eyes made him look...hungry.

This review isn't going to be of the long sort because I don't have much to say about this book other than I didn't like it...

It felt like a very bad copy of 'Twilight' with werewolves instead of vampires. I thought the whole story was so unoriginal.

I didn't like the characters either. Grace seemed desperate and needy with all of her urges to help everyone and be a hero, while Daniel was the complete opposite.

Daniel's character didn't sit very well with me. At the beginning of the book I found him to be moody and all 'angst-ridden' but then towards the middle he just turned the tables completely into a love-struck teenager that thinks nobody loves him because he's a 'monster'.  There was no in-between development; he kind of contradicts himself. To put it simply Daniel needs to get a life....

What I did like about this book though was lead-up to all of the events. The story had a nice flow to it which did keep me reading till the end.

All in all, I was immensely disappointed with this read and wouldn't really recommend it. It's just not for some readers I guess.



My Rating: 4/10

Publisher: Egmont 

Author: Bree Despain

3 comments:

danya said...

Wow, I haven't read many negative reviews of this book (and personally I enjoyed it, even though werewolves aren't my favorite thing) but thanks for sharing your honest opinion!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I've heard several things about this book, most of them good I have to say. Always interesting to hear other bloggers views, thanks for your opinion. I saw your blog on the September Spectacular site and thought I'd stop by to say hello. Nice to have met you, I've enjoyed visiting.

Dr. Eman Radwan said...

I have read that book and I liked it. Book one (The dark divine) was good but it wasn't as good as Twilight, if we want to compare. As for book two (The lost saint), it was great and it left me waiting eagerly for the third book.
I am an author, my novel (Sunrise) is now in bookstores.
Check out this link to read more about (Sunrise) and to watch a trailer. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124310947624277&v=info