Wednesday 17 June 2015

Review: Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews

22668812

Title: Magic Breaks

Author: Ilona Andrews

Series: Kate Daniels #7

Publisher: Ace

Publication date: 3 March 2015

Format: Paperback | 416 pages

Genre: Adult | Urban Fantasy 

Goodreads



As the mate of the Beast Lord, Curran, former mercenary Kate Daniels has more responsibilities than it seems possible to juggle. Not only is she still struggling to keep her investigative business afloat, but she must now deal with the affairs of the Pack, including preparing her people for attack from Roland, a cruel, ancient being with godlike powers.


As Roland's long shadow looms ever nearer, Kate is called to attend and gathering of leaders from Atlanta's supernatural factions. When one of the Masters of the Dead is found murdered by a shapeshifter, Kate is given less than twenty-four hours to hunt down the killer. And this time, if she fails, she'll find herself embroiled in a war that could destroy everything she holds dear…



My thoughts:


I have yet to find a series that manages to make me fan girl like this one. It took me so long to get my hands on Magic Breaks, but I would find myself thinking about it every day at the very least. What was going to happen to all my favourite characters? Will Kate finally meet her Dad? Will he be evil enough? And will there be a final, epic showdown with Hugh? It was constantly running through my mind. And then I read the book and boy, it exceeded any expectations I had.


What I really have to point out straight off is that Ilona Andrews has no fear when it comes to fleshing out every single character so each one is just as entertaining to read about as Kate and Curran. I love all of them. The thought of any of them dying makes my heart skip a beat…not in the good way.


But of course, no one compares to Kate and Curran. As individual characters they take the biscuit and even while apart they are more than able to stand on their own. But together, that's where the story really starts to get going. When they fight together you bite your nails in anticipation, when they put their heads together you're in awe of what they can accomplish and the sexy times are a lovely bonus that make you root for them as a couple to the ends of the Earth and back.


I loved how I was kept in the dark with what would happen throughout the story. I had no clue as to what would end up going on and I loved the not knowing. The anticipation was killing me even whilst reading. I wanted to get to the end to finally find out what happens to the Pack but when I did, I wished I could read it for the first time all over again. I wish I didn't have to wait for the next book…sigh.


What more do I need to say? If you haven't picked up this series yet, please do, because you're seriously missing out on some deliciousness. This was my favourite one yet!


My rating: 10/10


Ilona Andrews:

 

 Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter

 

 

 Kate Daniels:

 

  1. Magic Bites
  2. Magic Burns
  3. Magic Strikes
  4. Magic Bleeds
  5. Magic Slays
  6. Magic Rises
  7. Magic Breaks
  8. Magic Shifts
  9. Untitled
  10. Untitled


 

No comments: