Thursday 26 April 2012

Series Spotlight - The Demonata Books 7 & 8


2169313
Title: Death's Shadow
Author: Darren Shan
Publisher: HarperCollins
My rating: 10/10

Summary:

I'm a human sponge - I soak up memories. 
I feel like a thief, stealing secrets with an innocent touch.
I don't like this gift. It's intrusive and sneaky.
I think it's harmless, but I can't be sure.
If knowledge is power, why do I feel so alone...?

The apocalypse came and the world burned. But it wasn't the end, and out of the destruction, new life has emerged.
Bec is back to face the Demonata. After centuries of imprisonment, she's more powerful than ever, but the demons no longer stand alone.

Something else has crawled out of the darkness with her.
Lord Loss is no longer human's greatest threat...

My thoughts:

I love this one for so many reasons. First it's the first full story when all of the characters are together in the same time zone. I love the way they interact and work together towards defeating a common enemy. Three main characters who any reader will come to love in their own individual books coming together in a single book. It's really great to read.

A lot more of the plot of the whole series is revealed in this book. It's definitely one with a lot of surprises interwoven in with the story. Personally, it made me look forward to the next books even more just because I expected there to be more surprises coming my way by how many there had already been.

A new demon is introduced in this book that plays a big part in the series and it's by far the most terrifying just because of what it stands for. From starting the series I would never have guessed the main problem isn't actually Lord Loss but that the demon master is actually far from the worse problem Grubbs, Bec and Kernel have to put up with.

This is another read with loads of action and fighting in it. It definitely got my heart racing and left me wanting the book to never end.

As usual the characters were great. There were so many characters involved in this story that it would have been a disaster if each and every one of them weren't likeable in some way - whether or not they are one of the Demonata.

Death's Shadow is another great addition to the series and is no less scary that any of the other books before it! A brilliant, spine tingling read.


3029879

 Title: Wolf Island
My rating: 10/10

Summary:

We spot the werewolves as we skim the treetops. Mutated, vicious, hairy monstrosities, all fangs, claws and muscles. The beast within me tries to force its way to the surface, howling silently at its warped brethren. I've never rid myself of the wolf...

As the mysterious Shadow builds an army of demons, Grubbs and his team search desperately for answers. But when they follow up a new lead, it leads them to an old, unexpected foe - the Lambs.

The curse of the Gradys has returned with a vengeance.

Werewolves are on the loose.

And they're hungry...


My thoughts:



This has to be the most unexpected book in the series. It was nothing like what I thought it would be about and then some. It completely took me by surprise and left me rushing to turn pages until I finished the book.

Grubbs definitely comes into his own in Wolf Island - without giving too much away, I loved how he changed and stepped up to take charge. Everything I liked about his character just came to the fore and it was great to read.

There was one character that was introduced in this book who I adore. Timas is just hilarious. He brought this new light to the book and made me laugh where the situation didn't really call for it.

I can't really say too much about this one without giving too much away but it is definitely one of my more favourite out of the series. Great action, suspense and loads of drama - love it.


Make sure to check out my reviews of:
Happy reading!

No comments: