Monday 7 February 2011

Teaser Tuesday #17

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can take part! All you have to do is:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us (2) teaser sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12 (but don't give any spoilers!)
  • Share the title of the book that the teaser is from...that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!

You can find out more here!


My current read: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Random Page: # 76

Teaser:

‘Have mercy on your own soul!’ I said, endeavouring to snatch the glass from his hand.

‘Not I! On the contrary, I shall have great pleasure in sending it to perdition to punish its Maker!’ exclaimed the blasphemer. ‘Here’s to its hearty damnation!’

Ooooh, so what do you think? Pretty good teaser for anyone who has never read Wuthering Heights before eh?

I do strongly recommend this book by the way. It’s an amazing story. I’m slowly reading it for my English class and I’ve been fighting not to plough through it so that the details stick with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one for those of us who have, too.

My teaser is here.

Lori said...

I hope you are enjoying your book. Here is my Teaser for Tuesday.