Friday 31 July 2015

Review: Confessions of a Virgin Sex Columnist!

25106527

Title: Confessions of a Virgin Sex Columnist!

Author: Kay Marie

Series: N\A (no info. yet but seems like there will be a sequel)

Format: Kindle | 304 pages

Genre: New Adult | Romance | Humour

Goodreads



My name is Skylar Quinn. I just moved to New York with my best friend Bridget, and I have a confession. Well, more than one. Okay, quite a few really. Fine, here goes!

Confession #1: I'm a sex columnist. Hold on, that's not really the confession. You see, I'm sort of a virgin...sex columnist.

Confession #2: I'm kind of in love with Bridget's older brother, Oliver. No, I was. No, I am. Wait, was? Am? Crap.

Confession #3: I've been avoiding Oliver for four years. Or I was until today, because he just moved in. Yes, you read that correctly. He's my new roommate. So that night we've both been pretending never happened, well, we might not be able to keep it a secret any longer. 

And trust me, this is only the beginning.

 

 

My thoughts:


Wow…this read was bloody hilarious from the very beginning. I mean really.


The main character, Skylar, had me in hysterics from the first page. I've never connected with a character so fast - her running commentary just had me choking back a laugh and it carried on from there. 

 

Skylar was a brilliant character. She had great relationships and her quirky personality made for some great reading. I loved how she really grew up throughout the read and ended up almost being a completely new character until she brings it back around to her old self again when the opportunity arises. She was a blast.

 

This read was just an all round hilarious, cute romance with lots of memorable characters - I loved every minute of it. I challenge anybody to read this without at least a smile on their face.

 

Memorable Quotes:


The best boyfriend I've ever had was a fictional character.

 

It's hard to be intimidated by someone you've had burping contests with.

 

My rating: 8/10

 

Kay Marie:

Goodreads | Website | Twitter | Facebook

 

No comments: