Thursday 5 September 2013

Review: Miss Me Not by Tiffany King

17204652

Title: Miss Me Not

Author: Tiffany King

Publication date: Nov 22 2012

Format: Kindle

Genre: YA | Contemporary

Goodreads



Madison Hanson's past demons have given her a shadow of an existence with little hope. With the sudden tragic death of a fellow student, Madison questions her own life choices, and is now forced to evaluate everything she thought she believed in. When fate intervenes and partners her with Dean Jackson, a popular "all around good guy" from school, Madison gets a glimpse of a life that is filled with sunshine that has the power to break through the darkness she has cloaked herself in. 
With Dean's help, Madison discovers a desire to finally step out of the shadows, and embrace life and all its gifts.

 

 

My thoughts:


I found myself surprised by actually liking this read. For some reason, I think I started reading this book without any great expectations. It wasn't the best read ever, most definitely not one to be put on my favourites shelf, but I liked it.

 

One thing I loved was that it took me no time at all to start liking Madison as the main character. I didn't find her initial attitude at all off putting, even though her thoughts on suicide were a little disturbing from a reader's point of view. I think it was mainly because I immediately understood where the author was going with the points Madison was making. So Madison as a whole was a pretty good character.

 

I also liked Dean. Madison and Dean really made the perfect combination. He was basically everything she wasn't - she needed him, but Madison also played a part and helped him, just in a different light. I liked Dean for his personality - he wasn't too pushy, but at the same time, he wasn't afraid to cross the line with Madison sometimes and go a bit further than she wanted, just to give her that little more of a nudge forward.

 

The only problem I had was that things didn't progress at the right pace in my eyes. Madison's relationship with Dean moved way too fast for the problems Madison had. It made me feel that Madison's issues weren't actually a big deal because her relationship took over. I didn't like that vibe. 

 

The other side to that problem was that Madison completely forgot about her best friend James. I understand that it was crucial to the story, but it just led to me not caring about what happened to James one way or another. He just didn't play a big enough part in the story.

 

Overall this was a quick afternoon read that i think a lot of people will like. 

 

My rating: 6/10

 

Tiffany King:

Goodreads | Blog | Twitter

No comments: