Saturday 1 June 2013

Review: The Bane by Keary Taylor

17372641

Title: The Bane

Author: Keary Taylor

Series: The Eden Trilogy #1

Publisher: Keary Taylor Books

Publication date: March 5th 2013

Format: Kindle | Netgalley

Genre: YA | Dystopian | Sci-Fi

Goodreads



Before the Evolution there was TorBane: technology that infused human DNA with cybernetic matter.  It had the ability to grow new organs and limbs, to heal the world.  Until it evolved out of control and spread like the common cold.  The machine took over, the soul vanished, and the Bane were born.  The Bane won't stop until every last person has been infected. With less than two percent of the human population left, mankind is on the brink of extinction.

 

Eve knows the stories of the Evolution, the time before she wandered into the colony of Eden, unable to recall anything but her name.  But she doesn't need memories to know this world is her reality.  This is a world that is quickly losing its humanity, one Bane at a time.

 

Fighting to keep one of the last remaining human colonies alive, Eve finds herself torn between her dedication to the colony, and the discovery of love.  There is Avian and West – one a soldier, one a keeper of secrets.  And in the end, Eve will make a choice that will change the future of mankind.



My thoughts:


Unfortunately, this book was my first DNF (did not finish) since I started blogging. I've spent a while thinking about whether it would be fair to actually post a review since I didn't finish the book, but I've decided to just keep it a short and simple review instead of none at all.

 

First off I would encourage you to give this book a go - the reasons I didn't like this book are just my opinion and it doesn't mean you'll feel the same way, as is evident in other reviews of this book. 

 

The main reason I couldn't finish this book was the writing. I just couldn't connect to it on any level and a lot of the time it just frustrated me. It was basically just too many short sentences and not enough depth. As a result of my problem with the writing, I couldn't connect to the characters - not even on the most basic level - I didn't like them. Eventually there wasn't enough reason to carry on and here we are...

 

Again, just my opinion, and as a last point, the book was incredibly fast paced which is one thing it had going for it, but for me, it wasn't quite enough. 

 

My rating: DNF

 

Keary Taylor:

Goodreads | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

No comments: