Author: Jus Accardo
Series: Denazen #1
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release Date: November 2011
YA: Paranormal Romance
When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes back home.
Except there's something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she'll turn to dust if he touches her. It's not until Dez's father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realises there's more to this boy - and her father's "law firm" - than she realised.
Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation - an organisation devoted to collecting "special" kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons - his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. Dez and Kale team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they're caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.
A secret Kale will kill to protect.
An interview with Jus Accardo:
- What is 'Touch' about? Can you tell us a little about the characters and background to the story?
After she helps him escape some strange men in the woods, she sees only one thing - a way to piss off her Dad. She does - but it doesn't have quite the effect she hoped for.
- What inspired you to come up with the idea of the Denazen Corporation and the 'Sixes'?
The Sixes were a result of Kale. I was writing, thinking, hey! What if there were more than just him and they could do different things?
- How long did it take you to write 'Touch'?
- To me, Dez was a strong, determined character who likes to be in control. Is she based on anyone you know?
- Did you put any research into writing the book?
- What is your writing process? Do you plan, plan, plan or just go with the flow?
- What do you do to relax?
- Do you have any all time favourite books?
- What's your favourite comfort food?
- If you could give 'Touch' a song, what song would it be?
- Anything you'd like to add?
Jus Accardo is the author of YA paranormal romance and urban fantasy fiction. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald. Her first book, Touch, is due out in November 2011 from Entangled Publishing. She is represented by Kevan Lyon of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.